Well what the hell did you think it was? Of course it’s Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. It sold 11.86 million units across the US, UK and Japan alone, topping Nintendo hard hitters Wii Sports Resort, New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Wii Fit.
If you care about the breakdown, according to aggregate data from NPD Group, GfK Chart-Track and Enterbrain, Modern Warfare 2 sold 8.82 million units in the US, 2.8 million in the UK and 238,000 in Japan.
The top five are listed after the break.
- 1.Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (Activision): 11.86 million
- 2.Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo): 7.57 million
- 3.New Super Mario Bros Wii (Nintendo): 7.41 million
- 4.Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo): 5.80 million
- 5.Wii Fit (Nintendo): 5.44 million