The new patch for Modern Warfare 2 that was issued yesterday is currently undergoing testing for PS3 and Xbox 360, according to Infinity Ward’s Robert Bowling.
“These fixes [listed after the break], excluding the ones I’ve labeled as (PC-ONLY), are currently in test for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions as well,” Bowling wrote on his blog. “Before you ask why there is a delay from PC to consoles, itâs because we can update IW-NET directly and therefore the fastest. The console versions require additional testing through their respective manufacturers.”
– Care Package, Emergency Airdrop, and Sentry Gun marker grenades sprint speed normalized.
– Sentry Guns: Improved placement detection, preventing cases of Sentry Guns inside geometry.
– Model 1887: Bling using Akimbo and FMJ combination now has same range and damage as non-Bling Model 1887s.
– Improved player collision removing cases of getting into geometry and âelevatorsâ.
– Mouse latency tweaks for more mouse movement consistency. (PC-ONLY)
– Fixes to prevent various texture (PC-ONLY) and XP hacks.